Apple pie is a staple for most dessert tables, and if you’ve struggled to find a recipe that’s just right…then look no further!
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
- Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees, and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.